Drywall & Taping
For Top Quality Drywall Installation and Finishing, We’re The Pros
Finely finished walls are almost unnoticeable because they're exactly what you expect to see, however with the shortage of skilled trades today there are many walls that are being noticed for all the wrong reasons. If you're looking for beautifully finished walls that are straight, true, and seamless, we're the team to hire. Our team are highly skilled classically trained master plasterers who aren't satisfied until the job is done right.
Proper Drywalling and Taping Installation
After insulation is complete, you’re ready for drywall.
- It’s integral to the performance of the wall system to select the correct drywall type for the application and joist/truss span.
- Drywall is hung horizontally and joint-staggered
- Drywall sheets span all doors and windows. Depending on the framing material, it’s important to use the correct thread-type for your fasteners (screws).
- Joint gaps wider than 1/8 inch receive pre-fill, a hot-mud material such as CGC Sheet Rock 20 to eliminate air blisters in joint tape.
- Paper tape is always used in our extreme Canadian climate. Mesh tape does not have the strength required to mitigate the expansion and contraction of underlying structure.
- All butt joints and corner bead receive a minimum of one coat of hot mud sheetrock 20, 45, 90 this gives the bead and butt joints body/fullness with out leaving it looking cupped or gaunt.
- A level 4 taping system is standard for interior, which includes pre-fill, tape embedment, 3 top coats of plaster and sanding, ready for primer We employ a dustless sanding system (info below) for our clients. There is no need for sanding between coats when applied properly.
We utilize a dust-free sanding system via wet-sand technique or mechanical extraction. Our system is so good that it provides a 95% Dust Free environment for you and your family.
Ready to hire the best Drywallers?
We are the best in the business. Our highly trained craftsmen and family friendly process ensures you get the job done right. If you're ready to get a quote, click on the image below.
Jason and his team dry-walled, sanded and taped the entire interior of my basement. I am very happy with the work done. They were very professional and the final product looks great!
Jason of Fine Finish Wall Systems was highly recommended to me by the contractor overseeing the renovation of my open concept kitchen/family room. Part of the renovation included removal of two ceiling medallions plus light fixtures, which were not being replaced, so the hole in the ceiling from the old fixtures had to be filled. Jason did such a great job of patching the ceiling that I could not tell where the original fixtures had been…quality work. His process for repairing the ceiling resulted in minimal dust, and any required clean- up was done by Jason. He is very personable, highly conscientious and efficient in his work. I was (still am) so impressed that I requested his assistance with a second ceiling repair project…again, quality work. Highly recommended!